Saturday, January 29, 2011
Let me just say, my Lil Eli has turned to my Lil Shaggy pup. He is a mess. I think his hair is so long that he can hardly see me anymore. Well, We were letting it grow for the winter months bc it does get to 40 here in the winter (believe it or not) and I don't want my little guy cold. So, we have been slacking on the hair cuts bc it $5o a visit. Yikes!! Thats enough to break a bank :) And his hair grows so fast in the summer, he needs groomed almost once a month. So during the winter, we take advantage of the him having long hair. Anyways, finally I decided since its 70 plus during the day, and you all saw in the previous post how much he loves the patio, that its time to buzz him. Here is the new doo..... Tell us what you think?
And that my friends is Eli's new doo! He seems happy :) And is able to see his mommie again!
Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Boy do we love this little guy to pieces. He is very spoiled and definitely a family member here. What am I talking about, family member? He is the KING OF OUR CASTLE :) I got Eli in December 2008. He is my 1st Shih tzu and boy is he a wonderful breed to own. He is very adaptable to situations. (sleep, play, bye-bye) Whatever you wanna do, Eli is ready. And I must say he is SMART, and has a FANTASTICLY FUN PERSONALITY. So for my thursday blog, I introduce to you "My Little Prince ELI ".......
The Lovable little Prince, how could a person not love him :)
He LOVES this snake
Lil Grinch needs a late night run for the border, Taco Bell
The cutest Birthday Shirt made with love by ME
Heck ya, Stroller shopping with MOMMIE :) And honestly, he thinks we are going for him to get lots of attention.
Lunch @ Wildflower, Eli loves going along. Im pretty sure if he could talk, he would say a doggie stroller is the best invention ever.
Chillin in the park on Coronado Island, Yep, Eli has been to Cali 2 times now
Chillin in the evening on "my" lounge chair
He loves going in his togo bag :)
Mommie and Me in La Jolla, Cali
Not a fan of the ocean but Loves the Beach!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
My 1st "What Im loving Wednesday"!! This weds I am loving many things............
1. I am loving the fact that I went to the doc for my 1st post op visit and things are good. Back to work on Monday, I was gonna go tomorrow but since its a slow week they told me to get better and see you Monday. And here is a pic of my WELL WISHES and a Starbucks Gift Card, Danielle you ROCK.
2. I am loving my new fuzzy and warm robe. I have been wanting one for a long time. But in Arizona there are not many months you can use them. But this week gettin outta the shower, I've been COLD. Our masterbath is connected to our bathroom via a walkway and NO DOOR so the warm shower heat escapes. And when I saw this steal at Nordy's on another blog, I knew it had to be mine @ 30 dollars and CUPCAKES = MINE
3. Loving the fact that I will be reading these 2 new magazines tonight!!! The gum is a new flavor, trying it now. Im a sucker for trying all new gum flavors. I would say I like it :) O and how could I forget, hoping that I will be hitting Starbucks soon with the get well gift card. I havent been able to order any and everything since Ive been sick (for the past few months and if I did, I payed for it) so....... Hello Starbucks!
4. Im loving that my 3 free Zoya polishes came this week. Well, I actually got 6. Aaron ordered 3 for me too! Isnt he just the sweetest guy. So, It may be time for a manicure and I will be using my "Hello Kitty" files from my get well gift from the "Santillo Seesters" they are the bestest. One of my ZOYA COLORS is on back order Kelly. But I also got Raven, Demi, Pinta, Valerie, and Lola. Lola will be a pretty toe summer color. This will be my 1st time trying the Zoya, anyone love it? They also sent me a card with their latest colors :) Fun Fun!
5. Im also loving these new warm cupcake PJ/Loungy pants. As you can see, I am LOVING cupcakes this week. Ohhhhlala, Cupcakes is a for sure Love of mine!! I need to make some asap.
6. And I have been loving my nurse and visitior this past week. Thanks to my Lovey, and his job for giving him off time to care for me bc we were misinformed on that one. Aaron has done so much to care for me. He has been running to the store and cooking and helping me get up and down. He is the best "Husband" ever. After the hospital incident, he is my "husband". I have told him over and over how much I appreciate him. The joke all week was "Sure wish my husband could have made it to my surgery". Bc one of the nurses asked something about my "husband", and I said he couldn't make it, lol! :) And well Eli, he loved being home with me all week. Right by myside.
A big AWARD for Aaron and ELi. I love you guys sooo much! If you are reading this LOVEY, I love love love you!!!
I do believe that is all for this week!! O' no, its not. I ran out and got a new bottle of moroccan oil conditioner and I do love that stuff and the hair spray is fantastic. Super lightweight but works well.
So those are this weeks week's loves. I have been doing notta thing but resting. And Aaron has forced me outta the house for some light lunches to get out, walk around and use some energy and/or build my energy level so I wont be too tired when going back to work. And the past 2 days, no naps and no pain meds but having trouble sleeping at night. Not sure why bc like I said, no naps. I am slowly but surely building my energy level back up. Not as exhausting today to shower. And geez, yesterday I was burping for a long time like 3pm to 3am, the doc said its normal and give it 2 weeks. Also still lots of air in the abdomen from surgeyr but his answer "2 week". So lets just say in 2 weeks, Im hoping for a lot. But for now, one day at a time, magazines, comfy clothes, nail polishes and hopefully Starbucks soon!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
(Recovering on the patio in style, lol)
Recently, I had surgery for what I hope is the answer to many years of stomach problems. I thought Id share this encase someone that has been through some of the same things as me runs across my blog, maybe it will help another. I have had stomach problems for approximately 2 plus years. I did not have any official testing as my insurance plan had a high deductible. Well at the beginning of this year, 2011, I decided that I was tired of all the pain and problems. I had recently, since november maybe, had 2 episodes of severe pain in the middle of the night. Severe enough that my boyfriend really wanted me to go to the ER. Well I didn't really want to go, being in the healthcare field knowing what would happen in the ER. I just didn't think it was necessary. Well in about 1 hour with each episode, the pain passed. So in January, I decided to see a Gastro Doc. He ordered some basic test, ultrasound to check liver, gallbladder and pancreas, some blood work to check for infection, celiac and I don't know what else and scheduled me for an endoscopy on an upcoming saturday. I had the blood work done that day and the ultrasound a few days later. A few days following, I had a recurrent severe pain episode, again in the middle of the night, but this time with 3 hours of severe pain. Again the boy friend tried to get me to go to the ER but refused saying it would just increase our medical bills and they would do a bunch of unnecessary tests that I just had last week.I missed work the following day and called the GI doc 1st thing. The nurse insisted I make a follow up appt the following day to discuss the ultrasound results before proceeding with the endoscopy that was scheduled for the upcoming saturday. When I saw the doc, he said the ultrasound showed gallstones and this could be the answer to my problems. I think I forgot to mention before I ever decided to go to the GI doc, I was previously diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and reflux disease both by a primary care physician. With the results of the stones, the GI doc recommended an additional nuclear medicine test, a HIDA scan, that shows how well your gallbladder is functioning. The test came back at 30%, 35% -75% is normal. I was then scheduled to see a surgeon to discuss the possibility of having my gallbladder removed. The visit with the surgeon was short and to the point. "You need your gallbladder out" I said ok, lets do you like yesterday. So I was got scheduled the following tuesday. The surgery would be outpatient and I would be ok in a few days, well so I was told.
Today I am 5 days postop and am feeling optimistic. The 1st few days did not go as smooth as I expected. But that is behind us now and I wont go into all the stressful details. I will say that I have had lots of support and prayers from my boyfriend, family, and friends. And I even had a wonderful surprise visit from a very good friend (that lives in New York) sister (that lives here). She dropped off a wonderful get well gift. :) She really made my day bc the day she came I was not doing well and not feeling happy. She brought me the cutest little gift bag (with a cute bow handle and pink tissue paper of course) filled with wonderful girlie stuff to help with a speedy recovery. The bag had, gossip magazine, 2 fun nail colors (a green for the toes and a plum for the fingers) some adorable little hello kitty nail files, and Eat, Love and Pray DVD. And a sweet card with get well wishes of course. Its amazing what a small get well package can do for a girl in the dumps. Thanks a million to Laura and Lisa! You girls are the bestest ever! So I am on the down hill now. I am still hoping the surgery answers all my stomach problems. If not, I am still not disappointed I had the surgery bc at nothing I wont ever wake up with the severe night pains. And from what I understand, if you have a bad gallbladder, its better to take it out on your time and schedule instead of its time and schedule bc it can lead you to the ER with an emergency surgery which no one wants. It can also cause/lead to more severe problems including pancreatitis which NO ONE wants. I have 2 friends that has had it and it is NO FUN at all. So that is my surgery story that I though Id share and here is a cute pic of my get well bag.